Friday, September 19, 2008

Homemade Laundry Soap

From Aliisa:

A few weeks ago I read about a recipe for Laundry soap over at Gayle's Blog, the Grocery Cart Challenge. I even emailed her to find out if it really worked all that well. Gayle loves it and that is good enough for me, so today.....I made Laundry Soap!!

I havent tried it yet, you have to let it sit for 24 hours so that it can gel but I do have to say, it was alot easier than I expected.

I will keep you updated on how it works and how well I like it. If you're interested here are the instructions. http://www.thefamilyhomestead.com/laundrysoap.htm
She really does a great job of walking you through it.


I do have to say, I didnt make mine in a bucket like she recommends. I didnt have one and didnt want to buy one, so I mixed it in a really large pot and then used a funnel to pour it into 2 empty, clean milk jugs I had. I will let you know how that works out.

No comments: