Wednesday, January 28, 2009

Last nights dinner

From Aliisa:

Last night I made the brown rice and lentil casserole and it was really good. Even my daughter loved it!! My husband and I did decide to change the recipe a bit next time by adding either speghetti sauce or tomato sauce to it. It just seemed to need that I think.

So here is the recipe, I recommend it highly for an easy, healthy and inexpensive meal.

Brown Rice and Lentil Casserole

Serves 6-8

Ingredients
3 cups broth (chicken or vegetable)
3/4 cup lentils
1/2 cup brown rice
3/4 cup chopped onion
1 teaspoon italian seasoning
1/4 teaspoon garlic powder (I use more)
1 cup grated cheese (cheddar or a blend is preferable)

Directions
1Preheat the oven to 300 degrees.
2Mix all ingredients except the cheese in a baking dish (I use an 11 x 7).
3Cover with foil and bake for 1 hour 10 minutes.
4Then remove the foil, add the cheese, and bake for an additional 20 minutes. (I would put the foil back on, my cheese came out a little too dark)

Enjoy!!

No comments: