Monday, January 5, 2009

Monthly Menu Plan

From Aliisa:

So I have been reading the $5 dinners blog and really enjoying it. I cant accomplish what she does but she has really given me lots of ideas. One of the things she does is to prepare a monthly menu plan and then keep her eyes open for sales during the month for those meals. I decided to take a detour from the way I usually do things and give this a try. So here is my menu plan for the month. (not in the order I will make them)

Taco Salad
burratas
tacos
chicken legs, mashed potatoes and broccoli
frito pie and salad
french fry casserole, spinach, salad
chili baked potatoes, broccoli
Chicken noodle soup, bread
goulash and salad
shepards pie, mixed veggies
lasagna and salad
speghetti and salad
Grilled chicken salad
Tuna casserole and carrots
wraps
Hobo Dinners
Chicken breast, rice pilaf, lima beans and brussel sprouts
Turkey, mashed potatoes, gravy, corn and green beans
Split pea soup and corn bread
Hamburger soup and salad
Hamburger mushroom bake, cabbage and green beans
creamed brats, rice, carrots and salad
Homemade Pizza
Homemade Pizza
Fish (whatever is on sale) over rice pilaf, veggies...(not sure yet)
Chicken stir fry
Hamburgers and oven baked french fries
Sloppy Joes with raw veggie sticks
Mexican rice casserole and salad

Yes, I realize we eat alot of salad but we really enjoy it. I use 2 types of lettuce, raw spinach, purple cabage, carrots, cucumbers if I have them, tomatoes if I have them and radishes. We also include a sprinkle of sunflower seeds on it as well.

So now, I have to figure out which of these will be for this week!!

No comments: