Wednesday, December 3, 2008

Another frugal Christmas idea

From Sundy:
One year, I was down to about $20 in my Christmas budget, but I felt that I wanted to make a little something for the kids' aunts, uncles, etc. on their father's side of their family (about 12 people or so).

So I bought some scrapbooking cardstock ($1 per 8 sheets at the dollar store), and I made origami star boxes. Then I put several home-baked snickerdoodles in storage bags, which I then wrapped with leftover coordinating tissue that I happened to have and put them in the boxes.

Now, unfortunately, I did not realize that about half of the recipients had, in the last few years, been diagnosed diabetic. Otherwise, I would have adjusted that in the recipe.

Anyhooooo...this was was a very, very inexpensive (both time-wise and money-wise) way for me to still give a little something to those relatives...and I was happy to do it.

No comments: