Tuesday, December 30, 2008

Verdict

From Aliisa:

Today, I decided it was time to clean the bath tub. I really needed to clean it last week but with everything going on, I just hadnt gotten to it. When I got into my cabinet to get my vinegar/water solution, I noticed that I had some tub cleaner that I had never finished. So I decided today I would use that. I sprayed it on and let it sit for a few minutes while I put a load of laundry on and then went to wipe it clean. Only, it didnt wipe clean. I had to scrub it, which is something I dont normally have to do. So, instead of cleaning the tub with that cleanser, I rinsed it down, sprinkled my baking soda and sprayed the whole thing down with my vinegar/water solution, let it sit for a couple of minutes and then......I WIPED it clean!!! I have now thrown out the other stuff and have decided that if I didnt love my homemade cleansers before (which I did), I totally LOVE them now!!!

2 comments:

Sally said...

Wow! Was it soap and hard water scum on the tub? I have that in my tub, and the only thing I can use (so far) to "wipe" it clean instead of scrubbing forever is liquid Comet. The Comet gel does NOT work!

Aliisa said...

From Aliisa:

It was definately scum but not so much hard hard water. There is a great cleaner on the market, its expensive but I keep it on hand for special cleaning projects...its called DeSolve it. I believe we got it at Walmart. This is what I used when we bought our house to clean the bathtub. It looked like it had had scum build up for years on it. This stuff took it all off. I did have to scrub though. Now, I just use my vinegar/water and baking soda to keep it clean.