Thursday, December 4, 2008

Charity Day

From Aliisa:

I have decided that today is charity day. There are several places that are asking for donated items so today I am going through our stuff to donate items we dont need, dont use or have plenty of. Our church is taking donations for the food pantry so I am giving some of the items I have stocked up on to them. Emily's school is taking donations of toiletry items, reading materials, games, blankets and winter items. Since I stocked up on toothpaste many months ago I have put some of that in there, along with some bar soap, puzzles that she no longer works, some books I have read and anything else I come across. And then her brownie troupe is taking donations of clothes and toys. I have already bagged up a trash bag worth of clothes and shoes and a bag of stuffed animals. Later I will have Emily bag up any toys she doesnt want anymore.

I love this time of year, not only do I get the privilege of helping others but I also get to clean out some stuff.

My favorite charity has always been toys for tots. I think its so important for the children to receive a toy at christmas time. (I know its not about the toys but about celebrating the birth of Christ, but I hate the thought of a child going without something special on that day) I always put aside a small amount to buy a couple of toys to put into the bin.

Im off to round up some more stuff....lots and lots to do!!

No comments: