Monday, December 29, 2008

Christmas Bargains

From Aliisa:

I hope everyone had a wonderful Christmas. Ours was lovely as usual. We had family and friends over for Christmas breakfast, even broke out the fine china...it was beautiful.

And of course we are those people that get out the day after and go shopping. Normally we stock up on paper, bows and gift tags but we had done such a great job last year that we didnt need to do any of that. However, we did stock up our gift closet. Every year after Christmas, we pick up gifts that would normally cost $10 to $20 at 1/2 off and store them in a closet. I get gifts for birthday parties that my daughter might attend, I pick up gifts for my MIL or SIL's birthdays. Unfortunately, we almost never find great deals for the guys but we save so much on the other stuff that its ok. So as of right now, we have 3 gifts for birthday parties, my MIL's birthday gift, both SIL's birthday gifts and a mother's day gift all ready for this year. And the best part is that none of them were over $10. I truly LOVE shopping after Christmas!!!

We are also the type of people that decorate inside and outside. We have lights and things in the yard and music to go with all of it so we keep our eyes open for bargains after Christmas for the yard. We got a wonderful, life size Nativity that was regularly $200, 75% off plus I had a $10 off coupon if you spent $50. The Nativity came out to be $40....You cant beat that!!!

Such bargains at this time of year, Im always so thankful for them.

No comments: