Tuesday, December 9, 2008

Thankful

From Aliisa:

Last night we found out that a family from our church lost everything in a fire. My heart goes out to them, I cant even imagine what that must be like. So today, I am trying to figure out what they might need that I have to give. Its so hard to know what the right things are to send to them.

Some of the items I have gathered are: 2 Bibles, I bought some medications to help restock their medicine cabinet. A shower curtain, a rug, a PS2 for the kids and some spices to help restock their spice cabinet and a couple of cookbooks. I will also be gathering up some christmas ornaments and lights for them.

Im still looking through our stuff and Im sure I will come across some more stuff we can give.

My thoughts and prayers go out to this family. I am thankful that no one was hurt or lost and that all possessions can be replaced.

No comments: