Thursday, November 6, 2008

$5 Dinners

From Aliisa:

I have been spending quite abit of time checking out the $5 dinners blog and it has me really thinking. Im wondering just how much I spend per meal. Now, she calculates everything and to be honest, I dont think I could calculate things like spices or oils. Some of those I buy in such bulk and have had them for so long that I couldnt tell you what I paid for them. But, I do know the prices of the main ingredients. So Im thinking about keeping a record of what I make and how much each meal is.

I must admit, Im am very interested to see just how much I am spending per dinner. Im going to have to really work on figuring out some prices such as the 20lb bag of rice I bought at the Asian Food Store for $20, or the 10lb bag of potatoes I just bought for $2.50. Lots to think about.

I challenge some of you to look at your meals and figure out what you are spending. Lets see if we can add some $5 dinners to our menus!!

No comments: