Thursday, November 13, 2008

My week so far

From Aliisa:

I have been so busy most of the week that I havent really taken the time to post; however I did keep up with reading the other blogs.

Monday, I really just worked around the house trying to get it all cleaned up for company on Tuesday night.

Tuesday, my daughter was out of school so after finishing up the house, I took her to lunch and then we went to paint ceramics. We had a great time and it was pretty inexpensive. They run a discount if you come in during the week in the middle of the day. So we bought $17 worth of ornaments, painted them and then only spent $10 after the discount....yea!! Then we came home and made cookies. Tuesday night my ladies group came over for a demonstration on how to make laundry soap. They were all shocked at how easy it was. I had told them many times that it was super simple but until they watched me make it, they didnt really grasp just how easy it is. We had a great time!!

I must admit, yesterday I took the day off. I didnt post, I didnt clean for the most part...I just spent the day crochetting all of my ornaments that I give out as gifts. This year I am making wreaths. I spent the majority of the year saving milk rings so that I could use those instead of buying the expensive rings. I must say that they have turned out great!! Im going to be adding some decorations to each ornament so when I get done, I will post a picture.

Today, I have decided to do some baking. Im trying to test out some recipes for Christmas baking. Plus I will be making not only a couple of loaves of peasant bread but Im thinking of trying my hand at a couple of loaves of french bread. I will let you know how it works out. If it looks good and tastes good, I will be adding some french bread to my Christmas gift bags.

So....Im off to dirty up my kitchen and make my house smell heavenly!!!!

No comments: