Friday, November 21, 2008

Back on the Exercise wagon

From Aliisa:

I know I havent posted in a week but I really havent felt like it. I have spent the week really concentrating on me, something I dont do all that often. It started on Sunday when I found that I couldnt wear my black slacks, they were just a tad bit too tight....which started my day off just perfect. After complaining about it, I wore something else. This led to my evaluation on Monday. Im not thin, havent been in quite awhile, however this week Im feeling even bigger than I have in awhile.....so....I dared to step on the scales. I gained 6 pounds....bad but not nearly as bad as I thought based on how I felt in my clothes...and thus it began.

I have slowly dragged myself back on the exercise wagon that I fell off of before summer. Its so easy to fall off and stay off but man is it hard to drag yourself back on it....I think it moves too fast *lol*.

I managed to workout 4 days this week, I skipped yesterday because I went grocery shopping in the morning which led to putting groceries away and cleaning out the fridge and then cleaning the kitchen again and by the time I was done...my day was close to over and it was almost time for Emily to come home from school.

The progess is slow but Im bound and determined to at the very least, not gain anything over the holidays!!

And to prove how dedicated I am to my exercise and eating right...we are making homemade pizzas for dinner tonight *lol* I think I shall stay away from the dreaded scales for awhile!!!

2 comments:

Aliisa said...

From Sundy:

That wagon DOES move fast, doesn't it? Proud of you for getting started back on it and sticking to your goal!

I've been "hinting heavily at hubby" (oughta be a song title) for an exercise bike to try to catch up to the wagon.

Remember what I say about myself, right? "I'se not fat! I'se FLUFFY!" I am quite fluffy at the moment. I just went up another pant size...that's three in the last three years! Ugh at me.

I love you!

Sally said...

Hooray for you! Each person is the only one, ultimately, that can make such a decision for themselves, and carry it out. I have found reading a good book while I ride the stationary bike is the best for me. I just don't use the handle bars much, except in between books (I am reading on three different ones, a little in each every morning). It makes the time go by quickly. Also, I run a fan to help keep me from getting so very hot and sweaty.

I will say, the will-power it takes is a powerful lot, to get up and do it every day, that is.