Tuesday, November 4, 2008

Halloween on the southern end

From Sundy:
OMG, so much fun. One son came home (from college) dressed as an "emo," the other son stayed with his new girlfriend, and the youngest son (15) wanted to be the Joker. It was a last minute decision, so it wasn't the easiest thing in the world to find a can of green hair spray...white, red, blue, black...finally after I checked the fourth store, there was one can of green hair spray. I must say, he looked really fabulous. I thought I had a good picture of him, but it was too dark.

A bazillion children came to our house. My husband had rigged up some spooky music and added a blacklight to our decor...really cool! We ran out of candy twenty minutes after the children-storm began, and my hubby had to run to the store for more. I could not disappoint all of those sweet little faces! In past years, a few bags of candy has been more than enough, but since the big H was on a Friday, I guess everyone went all out! LOL We finally had to put a sign on our door that we'd run out twice, and to please NOT TRICK US! :)

Then our oldest came down with his girlfriend and the two grandsons (15 mos and 3 years old). We didn't get to see them until the next day, even though the plan was to have them at Grandma Sundy's and Grandpa Todd's for pumpkin carving, etc. Oh well...best laid plans, and all that jazz. Good thing I had bought little mini pumpkins instead.

Oh! I have to share this...hubby and I agreed to babysit Sunday evening, and hubby insisted that he would be able to put the baby to sleep. So he laid down with him, and pretty soon I heard Baby crying in that "I'm-very-upset-with-you-now-let-me-GO" tone. By the time I got in there, he was laying on his back next to my husband, choking on his own saliva. I had just started saying, "Turn him over so he won't puke," when too late! he puked all over my husband, the blanket, his very favorite stuffed dog, and of course himself!

My husband jumps up, thrusts the baby at me (oh, thank you, honey), and runs to the bathroom to have his own little "session." He can't stand the smell...makes him urk.

I was sitting in a very awkward position, holding a very odorous and messy (and by now screaming) baby, trying to get to a standing position without getting too much of the yuck on me. I'm calling out to my husband, "I'll get it cleaned up, if you'll just come here and hold him for a minute." I'm thinking that if he'll just soothe the baby, I can get the mess cleaned up in no time.

Hubby surprised me to no end when he declared that HE would clean up the mess, if I would get Baby settled down to sleep. (YAY! YAY!) So I got Baby (and me) all cleaned up and changed into fresh jammies, and in no time, I was cuddling him on the couch and he passed out.

To me, there is very little so peaceful and calming as holding a baby as he falls asleep...when they do that little sigh and snuggle in deeper into your arms...ah....all is right in the world....

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hey Sundy

if the pic of your youngest is digital email it to me, I may be able to fix it up for you

J

Aliisa said...

Awwww...darnit, I already deleted it from my phone. I didn't think about fixing it.

I think hubby has a pic on his phone...I'll post it as soon as I can pry the phone out of his hands. ;)

Thanks, though! :)