Tuesday, November 25, 2008

Dishwashing Detergent

From Aliisa:

Awhile back I posted that the homemade dishwashing detergent I made didnt work. It leaves my glasses looking cloudy, so I stopped using it. Now, I hate to waste anything so I have kept it all this time wondering what I was going to use it for. I realized last week that maybe I could use it with the store bought detergent and extend my uses with it. So, last week I bought whatever was on sale and read the label. It said to fill both dishes in the dishwasher with the detergent. Now I have read that you only need 1T - 2 T per load so I measured it out. 1 T of the store bought and 1 T of my very inexpensive homemade detergent and my dishes have come out clean each time I have used it. I am very happy with the results and in the long run, it does save me money.....not as much as it would if I could make it homemade but it saves me money non the less.

So, I encourage you to give it a try. Just mix 1 cup borax with 1 cup baking soda and use 1 T per load added with 1 T of whatever brand you normally use.

hmmmm...I wonder if I could use 1/2 T of each and still have clean dishes.....I think that is an experiment for another day!!

No comments: