Thursday, October 9, 2008

My Frugal Christmas Presents

From Aliisa:

My husband, Jarred and I have a gift account. I set a budget of what we could spend per person for birthdays and holidays. We do pretty well with it. I shop after Christmas alot and pick up marked down gifts that I give all year. (We have a gift closet we keep them in.) I even buy marked down things for birthday parties that my daughter will probably go to. I also do some homemade gifts. I have given afgans for wedding presents and every year I make a crochetted ornament for everyone on both sides of our family.

This year I decided for my ladies group, Im going to print out a small book with all my cleaning recipes and some other frugal recipes. Im going to bind it with yarn and give it to each one for Christmas. Also, since I have a lot of nieces and nephews in Texas...I have spent the year picking up inexpensive books here and there and now Im going to read them outloud to the computer and burn them on CD. This way they will have books on CD, read by their aunt. I am very excited about this one. I think it will be great!!

I would love to hear about your homemade gifts!!

1 comment:

Aliisa said...

From Aliisa:

You go right ahead and steal it!! Im always happy to share.