Tuesday, October 14, 2008

A proud parent

From Aliisa:

My wonderful, wonderful husband works 1 full time job and 1 part time job so that I can be a stay at home mom. (Isnt he fantastic?) Recently he got a promotion and is now making the same amount with is full time job as he was making with both jobs...yea!!! So now the dilemma, do we keep both jobs and save some money? Or does he quit the part time job. Now, the part time job means he works wednesday night, friday night and sunday morning....we have to go to church on saturday nights.

So my husband, being the great man that he is, decided to include our daughter in the decision making process which boils down to more money or more time with dad. I was nervous, she is 8 and although I know we are doing a great job....I just dont know how I will take it if she chooses more money. So we posed the question to her and asked for her opinion. She asked LOTS of great questions, even asked if she could think about it for awhile....so we just waited. Finally she comes to us and says, I would rather have dad home than for him to work both jobs. I was so proud!!!

Later that night when we tucked her into bed, Jarred had walked out and I leaned over her and whispered, Im so proud of your opinion...you are so grown up and it really showed today. She smiled at me and said very matter of factly:

Well you know mom, money isnt everything!!

My 8 year old is so grown up and Im so proud!!!

No comments: