Thursday, October 30, 2008

Overwhelmed

From Sundy:
Today, I'm overwhelmed. Yes, I know, the day is just beginning, but it's not about my day or anything I still need to do or get or make....today I am emotionally overwhelmed.

A long-time friend has a terminal illness. I have known him since I was 16 years old, and I am now 42. I was in many plays with him in college. I student-taught under him. Once I started teaching, I emulated as many of his methods as I could. He's known my children since they were babies on blankets...and now the two oldest have graduated.

He is highly intelligent and talented and funny and creative and hard-working...and the illness is winning. It was beaten back once already, and now.... So many smart, creative, talented people that I won't get to see again until I myself go to see God....

Although I know God's plan is perfect, I am sometimes a child with my desires...I want those I love and care about to always be here. I know that simply isn't the way life is. But I want it to be different. I pray, pray, pray...and I am still tearing up everytime I think of him and how he will be gone....I can't even intelligently finish this post.

Today I am overwhelmed.

1 comment:

Miriam said...

I don't have words to say to you, so I will just ((((HUG)))) you instead. I'll be praying for emotional strength for you today.