Tuesday, October 28, 2008

Our new bathroom

From Aliisa:

Well, we didnt get to finish the whole bathroom. Turns out our valves are leaking because they are very old and have been welded to the pipes. I called the plummer and he is coming out tomorrow to put in new valves. Then we can finish up. But here are the pictures so far.




Here are all the little 1" tiles that I took up with a hammer and screwdriver. Took me 5 hours to get it all done!!












This is the board you put down before you tile.














Here is our new tile. My husband cut it all and I laid it and grouted it. It wasnt easy but at least its done!!












Here it is almost done, just have to install the sink later. I love the paint color and I just love the tile!!!
I will post more pictures when the job is completed.

4 comments:

Aliisa said...

From Sundy:
Oh, I REALLY like that paint color...does it look pretty much the same "live?"

I am positive that I would have gone loopy looking at and destroying one-inch tiles for FIVE hours! You are soooo much more disciplined than I am when it comes to that stuff! :)

Miriam said...

VERY nice!! You must be super woman to do all that! And I love how you mention that you're going to install the sink :)

Aliisa said...

From Aliisa:

yes, it looks just the same and its so beautiful.

Oh you would have been fine, you know it has to be done so....you do it!! Besides if that is what you have to do to get a new bathroom...you do it *lol*

What Im not looking forward to is the fact that I have to do it all again in the other bathroom next month!! We are doing it over Thanksgiving...ugh

Sally said...

Looks wonderful! Congratulations on your perseverance (and it's wonderful that your husband cut the tiles)!

(Still glad it's not me!)