Friday, October 3, 2008

Ode to my purse

From Sundy:

I was just thinking last night how much I love my purse. Yes, I know I'm being a bit silly...really, I am not a "fashionista." This is primarily about it's function.

I have owned many purses over the past 2 decades of different shapes, sizes, and colors...but really, this one is the perfect one for me at this time in my life.

Like Goldilocks says, "It's not too big, and it's not too small...it's just right." I never feel frustrated like I have done when I over-stuff a too-small bag, or when I lose things in a too-large bag.

It has three sections, with different sized pockets in each section, some zippered and some not. Everything has a place in my purse. It has a slotted part for debit and business cards, and a place for pictures, a compartment for meds, and even a spot for my cell phone and keys that makes them easy to locate. I have even carried a small crochet project in it.

It has a zippered fold-out flap, and a just-the-right-length strap. (Oooh, a little rhyme!)

It's sturdily constructed of real leather, in a soft neutral brown.

But the very, very best part about my favorite purse of all time?

It cost me $4 at Goodwill, and I found it by accident! :)

1 comment:

Sally said...

Oh, I loved that! I have had few "just-right" purses, but the last several have come from a thrift store for like $1 or $2. Now, the one I have will like last at least a decade because I don't use it hardly at all since I am carrying a diaper bag that holds everything (but it's hard to find stuff in).