Wednesday, September 10, 2008

Breakfast for Dinner Wednesdays

From Aliisa

On wednesday nights my husband works late so I usually pack him lunch and dinner to take with him. That leaves my daughter and I to fend for ourselves for dinner. So about a year ago we started a new tradition...breakfast for dinner wednesdays. She really looks forward to this and puts alot of thought into what she wants to eat, so often I have to be prepared for anything. Tonight, we decided to try a new recipe that I got off the Grocery Cart Challenge Blog and its called German Pancakes. It was super easy and taste great too....but dont expect it to taste like pancakes!!

German Pancakes

ingredients
6 eggs
1 cup milk
1 cup flour
1/2 teaspoon salt
2 Tablespoons butter

Directions:
Preheat oven to 400 degrees
Place putter in 9 x 13 pan and place in oven to melt butter, tilt to coat bottom of pan.
Place remaining ingredients in blender, blend until smooth.
Pour into buttered baking dish.
Bake for 20 minutes or until golden.
Sprinkle with powdered sugar, cut into squares, serve warm.
Serve with favorite syrup or my daughter loves it with just the powdered sugar.

Enjoy!!

2 comments:

Aliisa said...

German pancakes are awesome! I love to put orange marmalade on them, or sometimes they are served with a lemony sauce....mmmmmm!

Miriam said...

I will have to try this! I've been doing different things with pancakes for Sat. morning breakfast lately, and this would be a great "different thing" to try! Can't wait for Saturday to get here!! Thanks for sharing the review!