Monday, September 22, 2008

Laundry Soap Verdict

From Aliisa:

OK, last week I said that I had made the laundry soap. Well, I gave some to a friend to test and I used mine on several loads of laundry and the verdict is......we both loved it!! It worked just as well as the stuff I buy and I am pleased to say that it worked well putting it in the milk containers. I liked that because I just pour it out into my 1/2 cup measuring cup and put the lid back on.

I was very pleased when my friend offered to pay me to make her some more *lol*. I told her it defeated the purpose of making your own to save money so in the end we decided that, if she buys her ingredients, I will make it for her in exchange for babysitting!! What a great barter. My husband thinks we got the better end of the deal!!

I will say that I put scent in my soap. It smelled great until my clothes came out of the dryer and didnt really smell like anything. I think I will have to add more scent next time. But for all of you interested in making your own, I recommend it!!

For instructions, here is the site: homemade laundry soap

2 comments:

Miriam said...

Yay! I'm so glad to read another "real life" review of the soap :) I keep checking my jug of storebought to see if I'm using it up yet so I can make homemade :) LOL.

Aliisa said...

from Aliisa:

Miriam, I have to admit, I made it before I was out of the other...just in case I didnt like it. That way I had soap to rewash the loads without having to go to the store. So now I just have more soap to use up!! *lol*