Wednesday, September 17, 2008

I am a list person...

From Aliisa:

You know, every once in awhile I hear people say that lists are a bad thing. That we should put them away and be more free.

To be honest, I am a list person. I live by my lists and Im not sure I could function with out them. Right now as I sit and type this, there is a list on my refrigerator of the meals I have planned for the next 10 days. (I just mark them off when I make them) On my counter, there is a list of grocery items that I have run out of or Im about to run out of (these I will transfer to a grocery list based on what I can afford for that week and mark them off. The others stay there until I can get them). In my grocery notebook, (ok yes, I have a grocery notebook...dont laugh) there is a list of all the items that are on sale this week that I would like to have. (now this doesnt mean I will get them all, it just means if I can afford them, I will get as many as I can). On the next page in my grocery notebook is a list of the meals I can make from what I have in my pantry and freezer for my next shopping trip and what I can make from what is on sale. The next page, is my actual grocery list. Yes I know it sounds crazy but it works for me. It also allows me to look back to see what was on sale and when so I can kind of tell when it will be on sale again. I also have a to do list that I make every morning divided into Must do and Need to do. That way I can do the Must do's first and then do as many of the others as I can or feel like doing. I really like it when my Must do's are blank *lol*

(as I look over this post I must sound a little OCD...lol...I promise Im not)

No comments: