Thursday, September 25, 2008

Dishwashing Detergent Recipe

From Aliisa:

I did some research last night on how to make detergent for the dishwasher. I came across alot of recipes but many talked about a film left on their dishes. I dont know about you but I would rather pay the money for the stuff at the store than deal with a film left on my dishes. Then I came across one that talked about the film and what to do to solve it. Apparently you need Citric Acid. So here is the recipe I found:

Dishwasher Detergent
In a plastic container with a firmly fitting lid, mix:
1 cup borax (20-Mule-Team Borax, available in any supermarket)
1 cup baking soda
1/4 cup salt
1/4 cup citric acid (available in brewing stores among other places--if you haven't tracked it down yet but must try this formula, use two packets of Lemonade-Flavored Kool-Aid, ONLY lemon, or you'll dye your dishwasher! and ONLY unsweetened Kool-Aid!)
30 drops citrus essential oil--lemon, grapefruit, orange, tangerine, or a mixture
Put all of it in the container, shake it up.

To use, put a tablespoon or so into each cup of your dishwasher.


Im almost out of dishwashing detergent so I will be trying this out very soon. I will let you know the verdict.

1 comment:

Miriam said...

Yes! Let me know how you like it :)