Thursday, September 11, 2008

My Daily Reading

From Aliisa:

Over the years I have enjoyed reading the Bible here and there. I have read the New Testament all the way through, however; I have never managed to get past Genesis in the Old Testament. I have tried many different translations and still managed to fail in my attempts....until now. Several months ago I bought the Message Bible. I was a little skeptical but I really had a desire to read the Old Testament....and thus my journey began.

I made it through Genisis...all the way....to the very last word...wow what an accomplishment. And amazingly enough, I understood it *lol* So I began reading more, Exodus, Leviticus, Numbers (ok maybe I skimmed a bit in this one..lol), Deuteronomy (yea I skimmed a bit in this one too), and then on to Joshua, Judges, Ruth and now Im in 1 Samuel.

I had found that although I used to be a teacher, and I am a lover of literature, I just could not manage to read and get much out of the Old Testament. (yes I know, Im the only one *lol*) But that has all changed. I have managed to stick to my daily reading longer than I ever have...yea!! (yes Im one of THOSE people, sometimes I just cant stick with it) Im looking forward to finishing the Old Testament and moving on to see what new things I can learn from the New Testament.

God totally blessed me when he sent me the Message Bible.

2 comments:

Miriam said...

That is so cool! I know Daniel has one, I will have to get it out and give it a try. I'm like you, so you're NOT the only one! (though I've never read the NT all the way through, but have read several of the books, and parts of others here and there)

Aliisa said...

from Aliisa:

It's nice to know I'm not the only one! I hope you enjoy reading it. My husband has just switched to reading the Message as well, although he skips around and is reading in the new testament but he is enjoying it as well.