Tuesday, September 23, 2008

Cabbage Casserole Recipe

From Aliisa:

I got this recipe from Gayle over at Grocery Cart Challenge and I do have to say it was WONDERFUL!!!! We absolutely loved it. It was like eating lasagna only you dont miss the noodles. I served it with Peasant Bread with garlic butter. I highly recommend this one!!

Ingredients
1 1/2 lbs ground meat (I used turkey)
1 medium onion
, chopped
1 dash garlic powder

1 dash
oregano
32 ounces spaghetti sauce
1/4 cup
rice
1 dash
basil
1 head
cabbage
1 lb
mozzarella cheese, shredded

Directions
Shred, boil 3 minutes and drain cabbage.
Brown onion and meat and Drain.
Layer like you do lasagne.
Place cabbage in casserole dish.
Place meat mixture on cabbage.
Add garlic powder, oregano and basil on meat.
Add spag.sauce and rice.
Top with cheese.
Cover and bake 1 hour at 350F degrees


No comments: