Friday, September 12, 2008

More Cleaning recipes

From Aliisa:

Ok, so here are some other cleaning recipes.

Furniture Polish Recipe

Mix in a sprayer bottle:
1 cup olive oil
1/2 cup lemon juice
Shake well and apply a small amount to a flannel cleaning rag or cleaning cloth. Spread evenly over furniture surface. Turn cloth to a dry side and polish dry.

I keep this in the refrigerator and heat up when I want to use it. It really does work great, even better than Pledge.

Homemade Febreeze

2-4 Tablespoons fabric softener
25 ounces of water
My old Febreeze bottle or another spray bottle

I have been doing this for several years now and it works great!!! In fact, I’m still using the same bottle of fabric softener!!

Laundry Pre-Wash Spray

1/2 cup ammonia
1/2 cup liquid laundry detergent
Water

I haven’t tried this yet but only because I had an obscene amount of spray and wash in my laundry room. However I intend to use this when I finally run out.

Homemade Dryer Sheets

2 cups of water
1 cup of vinegar
2/3 cups of any hair conditioner

I got this from Gayle over at her Grocery Cart Challenge Blog....check it out!

Enjoy!!

No comments: