Wednesday, September 10, 2008

Hurricanes, and Tornados and Earthquakes oh my!!

From Aliisa

Sundy, I commend you on your brilliant research skills!! Finding that site for hotels that accept pets was a great find. And being able to specifically find one along the evacuation route is wonderful.

You know I don't miss having to run from a hurricane, however I do miss tracking them and knowing when they are going to hit so I can RUN!!! Since I have moved to Illinois I have been awakened by the stuff on my nightstand rattling at 4:30 am to find that I am in the midst of my first earthquake...ugh!! But since I have now joined the community of bloggers you can tell that I survived!! In addition to that, I have now learned that everytime we have a thunderstorm, I ask my husband to check the weather for tornados. His reply is usually, I did honey...its JUST a thunderstorm (another natural disaster avoided....whew!!)

BTW: I did look up the plural of Tornado since I couldn't decide whether to put an -s or an -es. Turns out either is acceptable, so I saved myself 1 whole keystroke...yea!! However, I do believe that I spent that keystroke and more on my explanation...oh well. *lol*

No comments: