Friday, September 19, 2008

Burratas

From Aliisa:

This is a TexMex dish that all my friends and famiy love and request for any type of occasion.

Burratas (makes 8)


Ingredients:
1 lb ground meat (I use turkey but ground beef is great too)
1 16oz can refried beans
1 onion chopped
3 10oz cans enchilada sauce (I use mild since I have a child)
1 pkg of 8 burrito size flour tortillas
1 pkg taco seasoning or 1/4 cup taco seasoning
1 pkg shredded cheese (any kind of yellow cheese works well)

Preheat oven to 350 degrees.

You will need 2 9 x 13 pans

In a skillet saute onions and then brown ground meat.

Add refried beans with a little water and then stir till mixed in with meat.

Add in taco seasoning and simmer for 5 minutes. Turn off heat and move skillet off burner.

Open enchilada sauce and pour a small amount in the bottom of both pans. Just enough to cover it.

Lay out 4 flour tortillas and spoon aprox 1/2 of the mixture divided between the 4 tortillas. Sprinkle cheese inside and then fold like a burrito (ends folded in and then rolled) place seam side down in 9 x 13 pan. You should be able to fit 4 in one pan.

Lay out the last 4 and repeat instructions, placing them in the 2nd 9 x 13 pan. You should have shredded cheese left over for the top later on.

Pour the rest of the enchilada sauce over all of the burratas, making sure you cover all areas of the flour tortilla.

Bake uncovered for 30 minutes. (make sure you dont cover these or they will turn out soggy.)

Pull pans out and sprinkle the rest of the cheese over each burrata and place back in the oven until melted.

To serve:

Use a spatula to pull out a burrata and place on plate.

Garnish on top with any or all of the following: sour cream, lettuce, tomato, onion, picante, jalapenos, black olives and avacados.

Eat with a fork.

*these are great leftovers and they freeze well too. I just wait for them to cool completely and then wrap each individual one. My husband loves it when there are leftovers*

I hope you enjoy this!!

For more great recipes, check out the Grocery Cart Challenge Friday Recipe Swap!!

5 comments:

Gayle said...

Yum, anything mexican get's gulped down at our house.

I love that you have a team blog with your best friend. What a great idea!

Aliisa said...

From Aliisa:

I hope you enjoy the Burratas, they are an all time favorite of ours.

Thanks!! It is a great way for Sundy and I to do something together since we don't live close anymore. We are really enjoying it and are glad we did it.

MamaFeelgood said...

yummy!

Mrs. X said...

Why have I not had these before? After all my mother is from Tex and I'm a Mex!
I can't wait to try these out :)

Aliisa said...

From Aliisa:

Mrs. X, I hope you enjoy these. I originally got a recipe that was somewhat like this from a friend's mom who was an amazing cook. Over the years though it turned into what I call burratas, a combo of burritos and enchiladas *lol* And a few years ago I began seeing it in all the mexican restaurants. Of course they have other names for it but I still call mine Burratas!!