Tuesday, September 9, 2008

Ike, Ike, baby...

From Sundy:

Ike was supposed to go to Florida. That's what we all thought at the end of last week. Now it isn't. Now it is going to hit somewhere along the Coastal Bend, and most of the models forecast it hitting pretty close to where I live.

So, today I searched for hotels that a) weren't too expensive, b) were along our evac route, and c) would take a pet that isn't a service animal.

I found a really nice site called Pets Welcome. They list hotels that accept pets (not just service animals), either for a small fee or even free! They list them by city, and they will also allow you to put your origination and destination points into a search so you can get results for hotels along your route! I found several possibilities for us.

Tomorrow night, once we know a little more about where Ike may land, I'll start making some phone calls.

No comments: