Wednesday, September 24, 2008

Fall....my favorite time of year

From Aliisa:

Growing up in Texas, the fall season didnt mean much to me other than a drop in temperature from very hot to just hot. *lol* However, when I moved to Illinois 4 years ago, I discovered a whole season that I had never experienced. (Can you imagine living in a place that doesnt experience all the seasons?) The colors were so vivid and beautiful and reminded me of this guy I used to watch on PBS that painted such amazing paintings. I loved all the colors so much that when I decorated my house, I surrounded myself in beautiful, rich fall colors....reds, oranges, yellows, and even some greens....all different shades. And although I have a desire to move back to Texas one day to be near my family, I cant imagine being without the fall season. For me it looks as though God got out his paint brush and completely painted my world with the most awesome colors one could imagine. I am so thankful I got to experience some of God's beauty in the state of Illinois!!

No comments: